The 2018 school year is in the books and the booster club board has been working hard in preparation for the 2019 season. Working closely with our new Head Coach – Travis Miller, we have a clear target of items needed to elevate the program for the future. In 2016, we worked on upgrading the uniforms and rebranding the look to bring back the schools original color scheme of red and gray. In 2017, we focused on a complete upgrade of all the tools used in conducting practice – including an interval timer and a new Jugs machine. 2018 was the Year of Technology – where we added Elevated End Zone Cameras and Recording; Sideline Video Review; and iPads to help coaches customize instruction for each players. Some 2019 Targets are:
- Replace sideline turf with Tarp – TBD
- 40 Second Field Clocks – $10,000
- Player Practice Uniforms – $4500
- Hudl Sideline Renewal – $1600
- Coaching Staff Supplies / Uniforms – $3900
- Feeding Athletes before Competition – $6000
- Supplement Transportation Costs throughout the Year – $2000
- Coaching Clinics – $4000
- Banners, Banquets, Trophies, Recognition – $6000
- New Game Uniforms – $14,000+
- Replacement Helmets / Helmet Reconditioning – TBD
- Kicking Net for the “Green Mile” practice field – TBD
- Weight Room Overhaul – $100,000 – $300,000
Sale of the Generals Card, Concessions, Booster Club Memberships, VIP Parking, and Community Partner Sponsorships are our current targeted fundraising events. Special thanks in advance for all the work necessary to elevate OUR PROGRAM.
We are anticipating 125 student athletes in our program in 2019. We conservatively estimate it takes north of $800 per athlete for them to play football. Our fundraising efforts have historically helped us keep from directly charging families – like you experienced playing Youth League Football. FULL PARTICIPATION in all fundraising activities is an absolute EXPECTATION for each GENERAL – and will be supported by our coaching staff.
Being a MEMBER of the BOOSTER CLUB is also an EXPECTATION for each Family with a child participating in the program … along with additional support from our local business community, grandparents, alumni, etc. The modest $35 membership charge goes directly to help offset the cost of feeding the athletes each week prior to games. We have added new capabilities this year for online payment. We anticipate this will help boost our membership by enabling “distant” relatives, friends, and alumni support for our young Generals.
Goal: 175 Proud Supporters!
Revenue Goal for 2019 – $150,000. The board is open to all ideas and additionally welcomes any special contributions.
As special circumstances arise, we may be reaching out for “gifts in kind” from “friends of the program.” Please raise your hand and tell us how you might be willing to help – and allow us to shout your name from the rooftop or quietly pat you on the back and say thank you.
Use of Funds & PROGRAM UPGRADES
- Uniforms – $23,074
- Pregame Meals – $7,216
- Senior Banners / Gifts – $6,000
- Coaches Uniforms – $2,660
- Banquet – $2,500
- Rolling Tackling Rings (4) – $2,000
- Goal Post Pads (2) – $1,100
- All Weather Footballs – $1,200
- Trophies – $960
- Jugs Machine – $2,340
- Practice – Interval Timer – $1,850
- Agile Bags (16) – $1,552
- Coaches Clinic – $1,423
- Coaches Practice Gear – $1,380
- Hand Shields (16) – $824
- 12 Inch Cones (40) – $380
- 6 inch cones (40) – $260
- Stick ball (2) – $78
- 7 on 7 Travel – $400
- Video System (Tent, Monitors, iPads, Camera, Telescoping Recording Scope, Hudl Sideline) – Approx. $13,370
- Pregame Meals – $5747
- Banquet (2 yr total) – $4109
- Coaches Uniforms – $3024
- Banners – $2784
- Trophies – $2192
- Conferences / Clinics – $1984